If you are thinking about relocating to Maryland, you have alot of lifestyle choices in Montgomery County. There are many great reasons to move to Gaithersburg.
1. The walkable new urbanism community of Kentlands and nearby Lakelands. This award winning community has a mix of single family, townhomes, condos and rentals. You can walk to shopping, restaurants, schools and so much more. There are lakes, trails and cultural activities at the Arts Barn. The nearby communities of Quince Orchard Park and Quince Orchard Manor offer more affordable house prices but with easy access to Kentlands. Here’s what one local had to say about Kentlands.
2. The Washingtonian Center at Rio is an above average retail and entertainment development. The neighborhood across the street is Washingtonian Center, highly desirable because it is in the Wootton High School cluster.
3. Easy (or relatively easy) commute into Washington DC from many communities along the Route 355/Interstate 270 corridor such as Timberbrook Condos, Woodland Hills townhomes and Washington Grove, a unique community in the forest that is laid out to be pedestrian friendly. There is a MARC train station in Gaithersburg, and you are a short drive to the Shady Grove Red Line Metro station from many parts of Gaithersburg.
4. Government services, parks and recreation are superior in Gaithersburg. A partial list includes: a water park, miniature golf course, skate park, senior centers, ball fields, youth centers, summer camps, outdoor concerts for kids and adults, the Arts Barn, a Farmer’s Market and much more.
5. Gaithersburg is a major employment center with Sodexo, Medimmune, National Institute of Standards & Technology, IBM and Lockheed Martin.
6. The Montgomery County Fairgrounds is located in Gaithersburg, and hosts a wide variety of crafts shows, indoor flea markets, a great Fourth of July show and fireworks, home shows and of course, the County Fair complete with animals, agricultural exhibits, monster trucks and the demolition derby.
7. Shopping centers abound, including Lakeforest Mall; Olde Towne Gaithersburg’s antique shops; strip malls and Kentlands ‘old fashioned’ downtown.
8. You’ll find an abundance of green spaces in Gaithersburg, e.g. Bohrer Park, Seneca Creek State Park, Clopper Lake, Kentlands parks and lakes and a variety of ‘pocket’ parks.
9. If you are looking for that old fashioned community feeling, Gaithersburg offers a St. Patrick’s day parade at Rio, a Labor Day parade in Olde Towne, concerts at the Town Hall, street festivals and much more for all ages.
10. If you move to Gaithersburg you’ll be in close proximity to everything that Montgomery County has to offer plus you’ll be close to DC for work and/or play.
Search the Multiple Listing Service for Gaithersburg, MD Homes for Sale – Click on the map to refine your search according to your needs. You can register to get alerts, save favorites, make property notes and save your searches. Email The Myers Team at email@example.com for a list of Coming Soon properties, which are not included here.