Are you relocating to Maryland or considering a move to Montgomery County? Whether you are moving from Rockville to Gaithersburg or from the other side of the world, The Myers Team would like to share with you our
Top 25 Reasons to Live in Montgomery County MD
- The quality of life here is fantastic. Crime rates are low, commuting options are numerous and always getting better, homeownership rates are high, and the poverty rate is low.
- Montgomery County is one of the most affluent counties in the nation – and also one of the best-educated. No other county has a higher percentage of residents over 25 years old who hold a post-graduate degree.
- We attract incredible diversity. Almost a third of our population is foreign born.
Interested in getting our Relocation Guides for Montgomery County click to get all the information you need about schools, health care, recreation, the arts and much more.
Job opportunities galore when you move to Maryland
- We are an important business and research hub, with the third largest biotechnology cluster in the nation.
- We have major federal government employers like the Food and Drug Administration in Rockville and Silver Spring, the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, the Department of Energy in Germantown, Walter Reed Army Medical Center just over the DC border from Maryland, the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, and more.
- Our public school system is one of the best in the country, with several Montgomery County high schools making it into the nation’s top 100, and many more ranked in the nation’s top 1,000 .
- To focus on just one corner of the system, North Potomac’s Wootton High School and all the schools that feed into it are considered among the best in the country: Cabin John and Robert Frost Middle Schools, and Cold Spring, Stone Mill, DuFief, Fallsmead, Lakewood, and Travilah Elementary Schools.
- We are home to Montgomery College, a public, open access community college, and close to dozens of other top-ranked universities in the D.C. metro area, including the University of Maryland, Georgetown, Howard, George Washington and George Mason.
Visit our Montgomery County schools page for more details on how to get the best education for your child.
First-rate health care
- There are six major hospitals in Montgomery County: Holy Cross in Silver Spring, Washington Adventist in Takoma Park, Shady Grove Adventist in Rockville, Montgomery General in Olney, Suburban in Bethesda and Holy Cross in Germantown.
Civilized commute into DC
- We offer easy access to public transportation on the D.C. metro area subways. Metro rail and bus, Montgomery County’s Ride On bus service, and MARC commuter trains throughout Maryland. Subway parking lots, park and ride lots, bike paths and HOV lanes all help speed your commute, learn more on our Commuting page.
Ways to stay active, indoors or outdoors
- We have preserved a ton of green space: 38 percent of Montgomery County’s land is set aside as parks. By comparison, nearby Fairfax County, VA, has set aside only 15 percent.
- We are located no more than two hours from the ski slopes such as Whitetail and three from Ocean City and the Atlantic beaches.
- Kids of all ages and experience levels can sign up for every kind of sport imaginable: tennis, basketball, football, baseball, lacrosse, golf, karate, field hockey and soccer through the Montgomery County Recreation Department, Kids Sports League, and the YMCA among many others.
- You can join private swim and tennis clubs in the Montgomery County neighborhoods of Quince Orchard (known as The Bubble) in Gaithersburg, Westleigh in North Potomac, Carderock Springs in Bethesda, Potomac, Bethesda, Rockville, and Darnestown. There are also public swim centers in Germantown, Olney, Silver Spring, North Bethesda, and Rockville.
- For those who like to ride, Montgomery County offers more than twenty stables and horse centers, including the Potomac Horse Center, Wheaton Park Stables, and Reddemeade in Silver Spring.
- Our nearly three dozen Montgomery County golf courses include Blue Mash in Olney, Bethesda’s Congressional Country Club, TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm, Little Bennett in Clarksburg, Columbia Country Club in Chevy Chase and Kenwood in Bethesda.
Cultural opportunities, shopping and fun!
- We have a vibrant arts scene, with performing arts centers like Strathmore, theaters like the Montgomery Playhouse – the oldest community theater in Maryland, the American Film Institute’s Theater and Cultural Center, the Gaithersburg Arts Barn and much more.
- We give you easy access to an incredible range of cultural and historical attractions: the 17 museums of the Smithsonian, the National Zoo, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and the old towns of Frederick or Alexandria, VA , to name just a few.
- We have events for every interest and taste, including the Sugarloaf Craft Festival at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Gaithersburg, the Farm Tour & Harvest Sale, Montgomery County Agricultural Fair, AFIDOCS Film Festival in Silver Spring, the Winter Lights Festival at Seneca Creek State Park in Gaithersburg and many more unique events.
- Gaithersburg’s Olde Towne hosts old fashioned parades, street festivals and concerts at City Hall’s Pavilion.
- The Kentlands neighborhood in Gaithersburg provides a one-stop walkable shopping and dining experience, in addition to outdoor concerts and a farmer’s market.
- The RIO Entertainment Center , Downtown Crown and the Washingtonian Center in the Gaithersburg and North Potomac area together make up a self-contained shopping, dining, movie theater, sports club, and hotel complex sited on a man-made lake right off I-270 and I-370.
- Bethesda’s hip downtown has just shy of 200 restaurants, 225 shops, a movie theater, art galleries, festivals for art lovers and foodies, and a farmer’s market.
- Rockville’s Town Center is another great walkable destination for shopping, eating, outdoor concerts, and fun.
- Kensington’s Antique Row attracts collectors from around the world.
Search the Multiple Listing Service for Montgomery County, MD Homes for Sale – Click on the map to refine your search according to your needs. You can register to get alerts, save favorites, make property notes and save your searches. Email The Myers Team at email@example.com for a list of Coming Soon properties, which are not included here.
No Results Found.