Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett and County Council President Roger Berliner sent the annual list of the County's priority transportation projects for state investment to Maryland Department of Transportation Secretary Peter Rahn. The list includes:
- Improvements to the I-270 and I-495 corridors.
- Repair of shoulders on U.S. 29 in preparation for Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service in 2020 and solutions to address congestion and safety concerns along this roadway.
- Planning for improvements along MD 355 in the Clarksburg area.
- MD 97 enhancements to improve pedestrian access at the Metro Station and provide safe crossings.
- MD 28/198 improvements.
- Design of an interchange at MD 97/MD 28.
- Additional funding for Metrorail and Metrobus and roadway improvements for Metrobus Priority Corridors.
- Design and construction of the Corridor Cities Transitway.
- For BRT, design for MD 355, transit enhancements on MD 586, and planning for service improvements on MD 650.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist safety improvements and support for Bikeshare.
- Enhancements to the MARC commuter rail system, including expansion of the Boyds Station, midday and off-peak service and planning for a White Flint Station.
- Further investments in recreational trails.
See the full letter online.